✿ Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour (0r Gluten free flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tea spoon of chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
pinch of ground allspice
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temp. (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar (or Stevia)
2 large eggs (or two bananas)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
1/4 cup buttermilk (0r Coconut milk)
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans or raisins
about 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, for topping.
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter or spray 12 cupcake molds in a regular-size pan or fit with paper cups. Place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed until soft. Add both the sugars and continue to beat until light and smooth.
- One by one, add the eggs, beating for a minute after they are incorporated, then beat in the vanilla.
- Lower the mixer speed and mix in the pumpkin and buttermilk. Add the dry ingredients in a steady stream, mixing only until they disappear. To avoid overmixing, you can stop the machine early and stir in any remaining dry ingredients into the batter using a rubber spatula.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle a few sunflower seeds over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 18 minutes ( depending on your oven), or until a knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove each one from its mold to finish cooling on the rack.